Sunday, March 08, 2009

Thron of Grace

This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it. HEBREW 7:15-16



"grace, is something for nothing, to a bunch of nobodies, who didn't deserve nothin." Those are the words from a priest from Brooklyn.

For a very long time, I debated about my belief in God. With no doubt that many of the things I do are against the words of God, but the biggest issues are I have no intentions of stop. The reason is because I believe, that as time changes and society involves, the principles written hundreds of years ago may no longer apply. But this, also contradicts with the Bible. So often I thought, I should keep the distances until I figure them out.

As I hear the February 22nd sermon by David Janssen, I realized that God already knows my problem even though I never told him. He knows. I know God is not abandoning me in any sort of way. (Don't ask me why, I just do know). He knows my doubts but he is still there for me. Pastor Janssen said he the Lord sympathizes and not criticizes. And this is comforting.

---
Littlegreeneye has a completely different point of view regarding religion. His family believes in Tao (or we might say they perform the rituals accordingly). He grew up with Taoism and Buddhism (I am actually quite confused with Taiwanese local religion. I should ask him sometimes). On the other hand, my siblings and I grew up in church. Although we don't go to Sunday service (we actually don't attend Taiwan's church at all), but when we were in the States, we go to church. When I went to Australia, I also went to a small and quite church near where I live. I have my own Bible which I put on my nightstand or beside my bed (but I don't read it often). Lately, as my mother share more of her church's sermon, I find myself closer to him. And as I am going through a rough time in my life, lots of turbulence's, I always thought it is God's teachings. Littlegreeneye asked me if I mind he has absolutely no idea what I am talking about and he felt no connections whatsoever. I don't mind because our past were different and it's okay.

No comments: