Saturday, August 02, 2014

Happier?

Finally, this week is ending. July finally ended. The month was eventful to say the least, and hopefully, August will be better. Or not? Either way, at least I am more capable of tolerating it.

It is funny how the universe comes together in its own way and lends you a hand when you are ready. So as this week, my mind sort of regains the strength to keep my head up, I came across several pieces of reading that were encouraging. As I read through this piece on giving oneself credit for being happy, I thought how much progressed I've made over the years to "not be sad."


Here are 20 signs you are happier than you think:
1. Being happy is no longer a chore.
Cannot comment.

2. You no longer focus on your problems.
3. Your relationships are less dramatic.
True for the most part until very recently.

4. You no longer complain or blame others for your situations.
Practice being accountable.

5. Your dreams are coming true.
Little by little, maybe. Life is easier, sort of. More financially stable, too.

6. You know life isn't supposed to be hard.
I don't know. I think life is hard.

7. You like who you are, and you know you're doing the best you can.
I do like who I am, most of the times yes. And I am doing the best I can.

8. You smile often, even when you're alone.
9. You feel a sense of peace in your heart.
No, not for a while.

10. You see life as an adventure and are more comfortable in the unknown.
11. You don’t take yourself so seriously.
12. You feel your feelings and allow yourself to work through them.
Yes - this one I do very well. I learned to recognize my feelings, accept them, and work through them. The most important key is to find out why I am having the feeling and it isn't a feeling I want to experience moving forward, how do I avoid the situation. 

13. You lean into love more than fear.
14. You're more comfortable in silence.
Many times, yes.

15. You're kind to yourself with your thoughts.
I try.

16. You allow people to be who they are instead of trying to change them.
Yes! 

17. You don’t take things personally. You know it isn't about you.
For the most part, yes.

18. You give without expecting anything in return.
Yes.

19. You take risks with your heart.
I do. Comicrover said I try so hard. 

20. You don’t settle.
This is a fine line...

No comments: