Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Self-sufficient - revisit after 6 years



Out of the blue, I went through some old blog posts, and came across this one:
http://zaheeragreen.blogspot.com/2008/05/self-sufficient.html

Six years after the initial post, I am still on the path to become self-sufficient. How far have I come?

Honestly, I don't know (and I should really be getting ready for work).

But I wanted to make a note on this paragraph:

"Self-sufficient is a protection against all emergencies - financial, emotional, physically. Frankly, I don't know how to deal with Microsoft problems because I use an Apple. However, I have good friend who can help me and if time go real bad, I can send it to fix because I can afford it. Of course this is not the best scenario, but then again, I know how to do other things: I know how to turn a 'raw and live' fish into a 'dead and eatable' dish, I know how to 'chop chicken into pieces', I know how to 'paint a house and walk on the ladder', and I know how to dress myself, seduce guys, and coax them."


Seriously, I found this funny. I no longer use Apple and still don't know how to fix Microsoft problems. I do know how to filet a strip bass, cut a whole chicken, and paint TV stands. I am much better at dress in my style. I do NOT know how to seduce guys. I do get favors sometimes if I act sweetly.


Self-sufficient: an exercise, revisiting it six years later.

No comments: