Sunday, September 08, 2013

Join Love - Sky blue infinite scarf for mom

Join Love is a long cowl (loop scarf) using simple lace pattern. It was knitted flat and used kitchener stitch to join the ends, making the scarf seamless and an infinite loop. The yarn is a fingering weight, 100% cotton.

My sister and I went shopping for yarn. It was a hot day. We dragged our luggage and maneuvered around Taipei train station. Our train was around 1:30 pm back to Taitung and we had about one hour to find the yarn shops. We had planned to make a summer hat (with brim) for my mom. Since my sister doesn't knit (and has no interest of learning), we decided on - 有錢出錢,有力出力。

I have vast interests in crafts - sewing, knitting, pottery, etc. My sister, on the other hand, is only interested in crafts that's related to math and medicine (i.e., cut paper of specific triangles using math formulas, and surgeries). 

We finally decided on a light blue yarn.

I attempted to make the hat but gave up in the end. The yarn was too thin and lack the proper structure for a nice summer hat. Then a while back, I ran into the lace pattern. Half way through the project, I decided to make the scarf into a long cowl. I called the scarf Join Love, because this is a joint effort of my sister and I, in a loop, to my mom.

The finished project is 19*120 cm. Used 60 grams (165 meters) of yarn.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great!!!!!
Yeah I'm the don't-knit-and-not-interested-in-learning :-P
But I do sew you know? On skin. :D

Apple Pie said...

Do you mean staple...LOL

Apple Pie said...

媽咪今天收到禮物。他說很漂亮。