Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Daughter and mom

I feel awful being so inpatient at my mom. I get irritated and annoyed. Today, she first tried to tell me about nutrition, then she started discussing about Costco membership. The Costco's concept of international membership. The sentence that really ticked me off was - but sth should be sth sth.

Oh dear...

I used to have this sth should sth idea about the world, like my mother. Everyone around me, from my boss to strangers, kept on teaching me that - No, the world is not like that. There is no should. The world is as is.

I also learnt that the should  brings frustrations and disappointments. Knowing that the world isn't a matter of should made me a better and happier person.

I ended up telling my mom to deal this when the time comes and no need to spend time on things this trivial for the future.

I still feel awful.

No comments: