Sunday, August 31, 2008

Summer of 2008

As the summer approaches to an end and though it seems that turbulent will quietly cease, I still don't feel the relief, relaxation, or excitement. To be honest, I hope the future don't come as I regret this summer's existence. The mixture of anxiety, stress, doubt, soreness, responsibility, resentment, and drama. They were all subtle. I could not and can not, for a single moment, stop to face the stuck feeling that is hunting me every day. I could not feel comfortable enough to sleep sufficiently. And I HATE people telling me to relax, to take it easy. Though I know life will turn out alright as these are all part of God's plan to consolidate my ability to be a grown up, I must say - either God has the confidence in me, or that God is simply suffering from heatstroke.

The past few days had been a blast. I was at war with the aged apartment - faucet with dripping water, water heater that does not provide hot water, bathroom fan that does not turn, straw mattress with inelastic spring and tilted surface, and non-woven closet that had shrink after washed. Funnily, everyone concluded the landlord's personality fitted perfectly with his previous profession.

---one week laterAfter a week of struggle, things are finally on track. The apartment looks more like a home now. The living room is decorated with my style; there are always food in the house, and I try hard to make sure there are always dessert in the refrigerator.

Yesterday, the couch broke while my sister sat on it (well, another guy and I were on it too. So really can't blame her for the broken sofa). All in all, after a day of sitting on the floor and a trip for "concrete block/ tire/ tree trunk" shopping in the street, I decided to use a stack of my sister's books (I did contributed Calculus) to solve the problem. The couch is really a crap now and I can't imagine it getting any crappier, but if it really get any worse, I have decided to let it be.

Tomorrow is Labor Day and the summer is official over. The feeling is wonderful, I have made it to the finish line; every day is a new war, the struggling continues, and the summer is over!

Oh, and did I mention that I love the place!

No comments: