Thursday, July 10, 2014

recharging through alone time

After so many weekends of hanging with people going to places doing things, I "took the day off" from friends, families, and obligations to spend the day alone. What felt really good was I had turned down others invitations and did something for myself. It wasn't as if I didn't have friends to meet or things to do, but instead, I choose to do this for myself. And this was important.

I started the day by a 7.5 mile run in Southport. Then I went to the library and picked up a few books and two DVDs. One of the book that I picked up was Adventures of Huckberry Finn. K one day told me about a Mark Twain documentary on PBS. I was all of sudden intrigued.

I debated on going to Harkness State Park and Seaside Sanatorium at Waterford or the art galleries at New Haven. The former is great for taking photography; the latter is great for learning photography. I choose the latter.




I was deeply disturbed by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner (1914)'s Girl in White Chemise. The more I thought about it, the more I feel uncomfortable. The girl with a almost half naked back, on grass with flowers (i.e., garden), on her belly...









No comments: